patti
Janet Napolitano stands by her report saying folks like these are potential domestic terrorists. She doesn't mind using that word "terrorist" describing you or me, but the Obama administration wants to refer to pirates as merely criminals, and the actions of Al Qaeda bombers as "man made disasters ." Somebody want to explain how that makes sense?

What I saw here were families - grandmas and grandpas, regular Americans - from a recently sworn in new US citizen from Ireland to business men in suits. From housewives to guys in leather jackets carrying motorcycle helmets. Saw several Uncle Sams, a few ladies in colonial dress, a few men also in colonial garb, and a lady liberty or two. Several great dogs and not a few babies in strollers who's futures are already mortgaged. I saw smiling faces, despite the cold wind - and it was brisk to say the least. I heard singing, a little chanting, laughing. I saw people introducing themselves, exchanging email addresses and phone numbers, exchanging stories and frustrations. And not a few saying things like "I went to bed a housewife and woke up a terrorist." This was an uplifting event. I couldn't stay long, the boy was home sick, but it was worth the quick trip to see I am not alone in this town.
Labels: | edit post
2 Responses
  1. D1 (sounds like THE one! so there GP <3) Says:

    I refuse to negotiate with terrorists. :) Looks like it was pretty cool, even if you live in the land of whackadoos.


  2. patti Says:

    I keep sayin Berkley and San Francisco have nothin on A'ville. They don't call us Ashvegas for nothing.


Post a Comment