patti
OK, now after a day and a half of wrestling with templates and such, and one complete false start - do they test their new templates at all before they post them? - I am now up and running I think.

So, it is incumbent upon me to say a word or two to my fairy "blogmother" - pamibe for those in the know - and my blogsister, Suzette. Thanks girls for the gentle nudge.

Also thanks to my kids: daughter #1 (hereinafter referred to as D1) for doing all the actual code wrestling [I don't do code], daughter #2 (herein etc as D2) for collecting blog name nominations and tallying votes to end where we are, daughter #3 (D3) for saying things like "whatever""have you lost your mind?" and "name your blog It's my neurosis and I embrace them" cause that's how she sees me, son #1 (S1) for being excited that his mom is going to have a blog - therefore in his 11yr old world will be famous and it is all about fame with him. To himself for saying things like "I'm going to have to ban you from using the Internet" after showing him the posts that make me ROFL, the ones from my blog roll. Yes girls, he thinks you are all a bad influence ;) that is a compliment as far as I am concerned!

At some point I'll see if I can import cute emoticons and such, cause I really like those, but it will have to wait until the next time I have young adult kids in the house. Sometime this summer I guess.

So tomorrow I guess it will be posting for real, if I can figure out how to get back to this page by myself as the big kids will all be gone again....
Labels: , , , | edit post
13 Responses
  1. pamibe Says:

    Two posts! That's awesome; you're off and running! :D


  2. patti Says:

    well, you know, the first was already written - i cheat- so really just one for today :)


  3. dogette Says:

    Wow I *love* your design. Purty!


  4. Peter Says:

    Well, Hurrah for you! If I only had an Easter Egg I'd send it. I guess the last pickled egg in the jar wouldn't work.


  5. Suzette Says:

    Well, well. It's about time.

    Before those kids go back, get them to show you how to insert pictures. The world needs to see your two dogs licking the beaters fro the electric mixer.


  6. patti Says:

    suzette, i'm trying to figure out how to link to my flickr. but right now flickr is claiming not to know me!


  7. patti Says:

    flickr linked! everybody look at my cute corgis. i'm getting better at this code thing, sort of :)


  8. Grammar Princess Says:

    You do a pretty darned good job of poorly influencing yourself.

    ~D2


  9. Mrs. Who Says:

    Well...you've got a pretty site and pretty words.

    And we'll see how excited your son remains when you start telling stories about him.

    Welcome to the blogosphere!


  10. Mrs. Who Says:

    (You might want to check the links on your blogroll...I clicked on 'Shakey Pete's' and it went to my husband's instead...FnH.)


  11. JihadGene Says:

    Greetings froms Norf Korea! Got any yellow cake? I'm got wockets!

    Great Reader, KIM Jong IL
    Pyongyang, California


  12. Joanie Says:

    You're going to have so much fun! Promise. But, if anyone is mean to you, just let me know. Having been part of one of the all time big blog feuds, I don't worry anymore if anyone likes me or not, so I'll totally kick someone's butt if they're mean.

    I also think it's very cool that your kids have helped out. That's just the coolest!


  13. patti Says:

    Mrs Who, Thanks! I had to fix that twice before it would clear and change. What's up with that? Kept going back to your husband's! Whatever, hopefully it will stay correct now. Computers are great, when they work. Anyone else sees problems please let me know. I can use all the help I can get.

    Joanie, Thanks! I just might need that help.... actually, I am certain I'll need that help :)

    Gene, you wock....et (heeheehee)


Post a Comment