patti
Two of the lovely old buildings on the property. This farm is about 120 years old. My pony lives in the old barn with the hay loft. Nobody lives in the other old barn.




The gray mare is Melody (not mine) she lives in the stall next to my blue eyed girl.




These are the barn dogs. The border collie is Lacey. The pit bull is Max and he is one of the sweetest, gentlest, silliest dogs I've ever known.


Free range barn pig Olivia. She pretty much does as she chooses.
Four barn ducks - this is the first crew of ducks that have survived a winter at the barn. Coyotes didn't get them!



One of three hen's that live here. One other looks like her and there is one little red hen. She hatched these babies and is taking very good care of them, but there is no rooster at the barn so these are not her DNA babies. We are all wondering what they will grow up to be. I'm betting more little red hens.


This is not my farm. I just board my horse and pony here and work here two days a week so that I can afford to keep my horses. It is a 10 min drive from my home so it is very convenient. It can be a lovely place to be, it can also be a royal pain in the butt. There are 21 horses, five cats, 2 dogs, 4 ducks, 3 hens, 8 chicks, and a pig - and an aquarium in the house. That is an awful lot of mouths to feed, before you even get to the family of 4 humans.
Labels: , , , | edit post
0 Responses

Post a Comment