patti
I've been trying to get a picture of the cardinal that is making a desperate attempt to get into my house. But he is just too quick for me. I'm pretty sure he is angry because he was fooled by a beautiful Easter Sunday, seduced into coming out of hibernation - or flying back from Florida - or where ever he has been for the last few months. Either way, today it is wet, cold, and gray - again - and I'm detecting he wants in the house to warm up. He has tried several windows and both back doors. Sorry dude, you look too much like corgi food (heehee, rhymes).

I am more than ready to get beyond the cycle of 3 cold rainy days, 1 1/2 warm sunny days, lather rinse, repeat. I swear I want to strangle some global warming yaya, and if I hear the word drought I just might explode! Lady in her dead silent hybrid tried to run me over in the grocery store parking lot. Honestly lady, you are in your warm - silent - eco friendly cocoon, can you just pause a moment so I can get out of the cold and rain!

At least the sun is supposed to be shining by Wed just in time for our local Tea Party. I'll be there with bells on. You guys going to one?
10 Responses
  1. LeeAnn Says:

    We have tons of little finches and sparrows out at the bird feeders, and Monkey (our cat) just sits directly up at them, dreaming and gettng pooped on.
    I think the only seasonal birds we get are the hummingbirds, the rest seem to be here yearlong.


  2. patti Says:

    We are seeing more and more of the spring birds. The barn swallows are back, the giant red headed woodpecker is back. I enjoy the birds; soon I'll brave the bears and start throwing out the bird/squirrel/bear bait out on the deck so I can enjoy them (the birds I mean). I don't bother with feeders anymore, if the squirrels don't empty them in 5 min, the bears will destroy them in a few hours :)


  3. diamond dave Says:

    Back at our previous residence we had a pretty red cardinal that kept banging on the window trying to get into my daughter's room. Apparently he's a pretty brazen one, or well fooled by the reflection from the window because he kept trying to get in with us standing right there.


  4. pamibe Says:

    I've been neglecting our birds, but we never get anything but the same old grackles and mourning doves, anyway. ;)

    I'm planning on attending the protest... if I feel better. Still have a pain in my side and very little energy. This too should pass. Heh...


  5. patti Says:

    ducks! you have ducks! and I love doves
    Hope you do feel better, party or no party.
    I have to brave obnoxious radio hosts to go....


  6. jana Says:

    I'll be at mine in Chicago! They're having it on Navy Pier with a big ol' tall ship... recreating the first tea party!

    Good times....


  7. patti Says:

    I've been on Navy Pier :) Love the Chicago waterfront. Have a great time!


  8. Spasimodo Says:

    We have a cardinal that hits our glass every year; we call him Big Stupie. I think he is trying to fight himself for a mate or something because when we put our fish aquarium on the back patio he started hitting that, too. He's our buddy, but I haven't seen him yet this year. He has come every spring and fall like clock work for years. Hope he's back soon!


  9. Joanie Says:

    I will trade you the cold and the rain for our high winds and expected heat wave. Deal?

    Da Goddess
    dagoddess.com


  10. patti Says:

    still gray, wet, and cold. Deal!


Post a Comment