patti
The view from the saddle. My horse, Rosalie, is in rehab for a serious foot bone issue. She has had her Tildron treatment, new fancy shoes, and takes butte (horsey aspirin) daily. She hates the butte, which we should be able to just mix with her feed but she refuses to eat if the medicine is in there, so I have to force it down her silly throat every day. She needs to be brought back into work very slowly so right now for 30-45 min a day four or five times a week I am supposed to ride her at a walk. That is all well and good, but my knees just scream. The horse is kept for my D2, hopefully in a few more years she'll be in a position to take over Rose's care, but right now as D2 is in college it falls to me to climb into the saddle. I'm really too old for this. A kiss for Mommy's toe....

Stinky pony. His name is Rolo. We've had him for about 11 years, D2 trained him herself, then between her and D3 riding him, he went on to win more than a hundred ribbons, most blue or red - plus many division championships and two series championships. He "jumps like a cricket", for a tiny guy he has a huge heart. Now the boy rides him some but those 11 year old legs are growing very quickly and soon he too will be simply too big to ride our stinky pony.

We've had offers for him over the years, even from show judges - had many people at shows tell me he is worth his weight in gold - but I just don't trust anyone else to care for him, so I guess he'll be my stinky pony for a long time.















Pony tongue and sweet soft pony eye :)








Barn Kitty Missy is rolling in the drive.



Barn Kitty Tux looks dressed to go out.

There are 3 more barn kitties.

2 Responses
  1. Anonymous Says:

    Awww, sweet soft pony eye. That's cool.

    -- Dogette


  2. patti Says:

    Thanks Dogette, and I am very glad you are not leaving us :)


Post a Comment