patti
Sometimes the internet would be a good place to steer clear. It is making me more than a little nervous reading reports from Great Britain and London in particular with D2 there for more than two more weeks. The swine flu is picking up steam there and seems to be becoming a bit more nasty. I really could kick myself. We have a course of Tamiflu that was prescribed with D3 was headed to China at the height of the first round of fear, but as things had seemed to calm down, and reports were that the virus was mild in those who contracted it, I never even thought to toss the Tamiflu into D2's bags. Now she is over there and I am trying not to panic over here. Arggg.
5 Responses
  1. Joanie Says:

    I survived the swine flu back in the 70s. Most people are surviving it now. I'll say a prayer for D2, but I'm pretty certain she'll be okay.


  2. patti Says:

    oh she probably will be, and if she were here and got it i'd be pretty relaxed. but she is over there, far from here and i have no way of helping her should she get sick. ya know, the mom thing. i'll just be glad to have her back home i guess. she is certainly perfectly fine right now, thanks to skype i get to actually see her every day or two.


  3. Suzette Says:

    Don't panic. Most severely affected by this strain are very young children and seniors with additional debilitating diseases. Most other healthy people get a bad cold and get over it.


  4. pamibe Says:

    Extra prayers for D2!


  5. patti Says:

    Today I'm good. Just not looking at the internet anymore :) And I reminded her to wash her hands a lot, which makes me feel like I've done about all I can - just still wish I'd thought to send that Tamiflu with her. I understand England has stocked a good bit of Tamiflu, and they'd even distribute it to American kids there studying - I just want to be sure she knows how to access that if she needs it. Gotta worry, I'm a mom, it's my job.


Post a Comment