patti
Pete Sir! don't you dare ever go cheatin on Miss Linda Lou cause I'd just hate having to do a turn around on how much I love you the way I have had to with that sniveling moron Mark Sanford!

A couple days ago I wrote how I feel about the upcoming census and my feeling that this may be the year to answer only head count questions. Mr Pete commented so brilliantly I want to share his wisdom with you, and figuring none of you go through to read all my comments I figure the best way to do this is to post his comment as a whole new post. So here you go from Pete, did I say I just love him?

There is a hundred dollar fine for not answering the census. So last time I was lucky (!) enough to get the long form. I answered how many adults and children lived in my house. I sent it back. They sent real people to the house later and told me I had to answer all those other questions. So I did.
Each question got the same answer. "You have no constitutional authority to ask me that". They said I was required to answer those questions. I explained I did answer them, what part of no constitutinal authority did they not understand?

Eventually they went away and I never heard anything else. Somehow I think I will get the short form this time. Yes, you do have to answer the questions. The answer does not have to be the answer they like. Do not lie. Just answer "no constitunional authortity" to each one. Eventually they will go away. They will not take you to court, they know the only thing that they are constitutionally allowed to ask is how many people. The rest, they ask because they think they can get away with it. When they find they can't, they slink off. At least down here where Judges are required to have read the Constitution at least once. Dunno how it works in other places.


Simple, perfect. Linda Lou is one lucky lady :)
5 Responses
  1. Mrs. Who Says:

    Don't you just love him??? And I thank him for that wonderful answer. I'm ready for them census people now!!


  2. patti Says:

    bring 'em on!


  3. Peter Says:

    Eh, all the girls love Peter.

    You do not have to worry about me cheating on Linda Lou. If ever I did she would fire three warning shots to the base of my skull, then holler "Halt!"



  4. pamibe Says:

    All the girls *do* love Peter! ;)

    He's brilliant and funny. I've even got Arthur reading him now! LOL!


Post a Comment