patti
What, what's that you say? I'm neglecting my blog? Well I'm so depressed that someone else is on a maintenance break that I just can't get up the will to write.

Or maybe there are just too many people coming and going from my home on a daily basis to get a straight thought in my head. For instance this week - the usual barn work Sunday evening through Tues morning (the kids are doing it this week, I am on a break, so there), and a cello bow to be taken for new hair - then picked up in a couple days. And there is a guitar to shop for, you can only borrow someone else's really nice guitar for the 12 year old to try so long - then you are taking advantage and must invest in one of his own. There is the Irish session to take D3 to on Tues night (tonight) and on Wed there are the boy's friends coming to play. There is the weekend father, son, D2 getaway to the lodge further up in the mountains to plan and pack for. Of course himself is out of town doing what he gets paid for from Sunday night through Wed night - so I guess that helps a little, no need to cook. Dogs to take to the park for creek splashing, and of course that means a doggie bath is in order, corgis smell after playing in the creek, and it ain't pretty. There are Dr appointments to make. D2 is taking the GRE on Wed. afternoon, then I need so help her get organized for her summer study abroad at Oxford. And did I mention that D3's boyfriend spent the weekend here, but he left Monday afternoon (lives 2 hours away). Thurs afternoon the boy thinks he should be taken to the pool, he'd go Wed but after he spends the day playing with his buddies he has the church youth kickball tournament, so Thurs. it is. I need to mow!, as always.

Somewhere in there I should keep the dishes clean and the laundry done, maybe go to the grocery store. The dog hair must be pursued pretty much daily - corgis = hair, lots of hair. And I'm trying to do 30 min of cardio and 30-45 min pilates with weights daily so I probably should get a shower in daily as well.

So ya know - blogging is hard! You know when I am a couple days behind reading my favorites I am busy! Ack.

I'll keep trying though :) Hey, I did take the time to paint my fingernails - haven't done that in months, so it's all good.
4 Responses
  1. Joanie Says:

    You had time to do your nails? Really? Next thing you're gonna be saying you had time to go to the bathroom. If so, I'm calling shenanigans. Ain't no mama on earth get time for that!


  2. patti Says:

    Well, keep in mind the youngest is 12 and the other two are over 18 so most things they do for themselves. I do a bit of running, but my main job is keeping up with where they are, where they are going, when they'll be back, what they need to have when they go, the laundry clean, a clear enough path to get in and out of the house, and some food in the pantry. Keeps my head spinning, but I do have time to do some stuff for myself - like exersize, going to the potty, and my nails :)
    Now last weekend when they were all home plus D3 boyfriend and we were celebrating the boy's birthday (2 weeks early because no one will be here when his real birthday rolls around) I didn't have time to potty!
    By the time the smoke clears Fri mid morning the only ones left in the house for a couple days will be me and D3 - but then Sunday I have to take her to Atlanta - she is teaching Irish fiddle to a pack of kids at Celtic camp - and drive myself back home after droping her off...


  3. Joanie Says:

    You made my day with this: "a clear enough path to get in and out of the house"

    Funny how no matter how "little" we have to do, it always seems to be a lot.


  4. patti Says:

    no matter how big they get, they still leave a trail throughout the house - and you should see how fast the dishes pile up when everyone is home!


Post a Comment