patti
This is the blue and gold teapot from earlier post. In the previous picture you really couldn't see anything beyond the shape. This too is Russian Lomonosov porcelain.



Now, I said I would show you something I did using this bowl as inspiration


So here it is


You see, when we moved into this house I didn't like any of the wall coverings. I hate - HATE, I tell you - wall paper, and it was everywhere. So I have stripped off every bit of it and painted every wall. By now, some of those walls more than once. Anyway, I'd love to someday have quartz counter tops and a beautiful tile back splash - but with two currently in college and one still to go, that just isn't going to happen for a while yet. Can't do anything about the laminate counter tops (though I often threaten to paint them to look like granite) and there is no point in putting in a nice back splash until the counters are replaced so I hand painted a fake tile back splash all the way around my counters. The border "tiles" are painted to look like the bowl. I did the design and every stroke myself.
Here are a few closer photos





If people aren't really paying attention all that closely they are always surprised when I point out that there is no tile on my kitchen walls.

Yes, once upon a time I was all crafty and creative - then I got old and crotchety...
8 Responses

  1. Laura Says:

    Wow! Great job. How long did it take to do it all?


  2. p Says:

    DW - thanks, I'm sure all this girly stuff is boring the snot out of you

    Laura - about a day and a half - but that was not working non-stop, can't remember how many hours. Did it several years ago


  3. pamibe Says:

    You are so artistic! It's beautiful, Patti!


  4. Suzette Says:

    * gasp *
    I bow down to you, madame. That is magnificent.


  5. p Says:

    Thanks. I was creative, I can't seem to get the gumption to do much these days.


  6. Bou Says:

    Holy crap! I could never do that. I'm a creative void. That's amazing.


  7. Joanie Says:

    You're a clever lady!


Post a Comment