patti
Number two on my endorsement list - Jim DeMint (R) Senator, South Carolina.

There was a day, some years ago now, when I was excited about congressman Lindsay Graham. I find myself ashamed of that support now. What a twid. Now that he is a Senator, you know as well as I, that Lindsay has become a butt kisser. Jim DeMint not so much. Mr DeMint was openly saying he is a conservative first and a Republican second before it became the issue it is today - before it was cool. He was something of a thorn in Bush's side toward the end of Bush's term when TARP was being debated and passed. DeMint did his darndest to cry foul.

Conservative first - that gets him a spot on my endorsement list - and with Graham and Sandford, SC needs a Republican with a spine. I think he is worth keeping, his first term ends 2010 lets hope he gets a second but with those other two SC Republican stones around his neck - I don't know.

List now:
1) Michele Bachman
2) Jim DeMint

Update : here is a website that lists DeMint's voting record by issue - looks pretty good to me, maybe not 100% - but only I would vote the way I want 100% of the time.
0 Responses

Post a Comment