patti
Yeah, pretty much. Especially the stubborn part - and not just as a kid.

Got this from Pam, who got it from Joanie, who got it from Leslie.

I am a 6 - the Questioner

Supposedly I chose CY - and my Enneagram type is SIX (aka "The Loyalist").

"I am affectionate and skeptical"


Those like me are responsible, trustworthy, and value loyalty to family, friends, groups, and causes. Their personalities range broadly from reserved and timid to outspoken and confrontative - (is this a word? - maybe confrontational?)

How to Get Along with Me

Be direct and clear!!!!!!!!!

Listen to me carefully!!!!!!!!!

Don't judge me for my anxiety. (my kids are constantly suggesting I seek help)

• Work things through with me.

• Reassure me that everything is OK between us. (just be pleasant and reasonably dependable please - I'm not that worried as to if things are "OK")

Laugh and make jokes with me. (don't be so uptight that you can't see when I'm teasing or joking, please)

Gently push me toward new experiences. (I hate heights - just sayin)

Try not to overreact to my overreacting.
(I'm probably just trying to blow steam so I don't actually explode)

What I Like About Being a SIX

• being committed and faithful to family and friends (even if they don't notice or care...)

• being responsible and hardworking

• being compassionate toward others

• having intellect and wit (I'm just so damned smart...)

• being a nonconformist (where do I begin?)

• confronting danger bravely (unless it involves heights)

• being direct and assertive (some would argue too assertive)


What's Hard About Being a SIX

• the constant push and pull involved in trying to make up my mind (Just this morning I went back and forth about whether or not to risk the weather and go to the barn to work, called the girl at the barn to tell her I was not coming...then went - calling her when I was half way there to tell her I was on my way...)

• procrastinating because of fear of failure; having little confidence in myself (I don't tend to procrastinate - procrastination drives me nuts)

• fearing being abandoned or taken advantage of (I don't think I worry about being abandoned - I can take care of myself thank you very much - taken advantage of? Don't spend time worrying about that, though it does sometimes happen I realize it does happen only if I allow it to)

• exhausting myself by worrying and scanning for danger (Me? Scared? Paranoid? Over wrought? Anxious? What you talkin 'bout Willis?)

• wishing I had a rule book at work so I could do everything right (YES)

• being too critical of myself when I haven't lived up to my expectations (I've expected a lot from myself my whole life)


SIXes as Children Often

• are friendly, likable, and dependable, and/or sarcastic, bossy, and stubborn

• are anxious and hypervigilant; anticipate danger

• form a team of "us against them" with a best friend or parent (Not that I can remember)

• look to groups or authorities to protect them and/or question authority and rebel (Maybe that was because of my father's over heated temper and my mother's manipulative use of my father's temper? Maybe?)

• are neglected or abused, come from unpredictable or alcoholic families, and/or take on the fearfulness of an overly anxious parent (no one was an alcoholic - a little abusive maybe, but not alcoholic - not over anxious. Controlling and manipulative - yes - neglectful? could be...)


SIXes as Parents

• are often loving, nurturing, and have a strong sense of duty

• are sometimes reluctant to give their children independence (I actually do pretty well with this one - I just do it in increments)

• worry more than most that their children will get hurt (or just worry about my kids in general)

• sometimes have trouble saying no and setting boundaries (maybe I have trouble saying no - but I have no trouble at all setting boundaries and sticking to them. I'm a hard ass that way)

Wiki says :
Characteristic role: The Loyalist[12] (closer than a questioner I think)
Ego fixation: Cowardice[13] (don't understand this, maybe I'm not so smart after all)
Holy idea: Faith[14]
Basic Fear: To be without a support system in an unforgiving world[23] (ummm, I don't think so - I can do Ok by myself, trial by fire and all that)
Basic Desire: To feel safe[23] (maybe - to feel secure would be closer, and to know my kids are secure and safe as well)
Temptation: To question the intentions of everyone around them (NO?)
Vice/Passion: Fear[17] (no - vice - love of Diet Dr Pepper and carbs; stubbornness, temper. Passion - I'm too tired for passions )
Virtue: Courage[18]( there are those - in my family - who would question this)
Stress/Disintegration point: Three. Paranoid and anxious Sixes may try to win over others, like unhealthy Threes, to cover up their anxiety (I don't think I waste time trying to win over others, trial by fire and such)
Security/Integration point: Nine. Positive Sixes may become more peaceful, open and receptive like healthy Nines (open to what? Depends, but maybe I'm not so positive.)
4 Responses
  1. pamibe Says:

    'The Questioner'

    Oh, that's a good one... loyalty is an excellent quality. I don't know how they can pinpoint us with such accuracy with only two questions, though.


  2. patti Says:

    I'm don't understand the label "questioner" - other than I like to understand the reality of situations - I don't think my personality or even the accurate traits attributed warrant the label of questioner. But most of the traits do apply. Then again a lot of yours apply to me as well, as do many of Joanie's and many of Leslie's even though we are all four different "types". I'm thinking this is a lot like so called psychics - throw enough out there on each one and at least some will apply. Don't cha think?


  3. diamond dave Says:

    I came back as a Four. Which, for the most part, is pretty accurate. Probably should've posted the whole thing with my own comments, instead of just providing a link.


  4. Swamp Willow Says:

    I was a 'Six' also! Except for that part about alcoholic/abusive parents. Didn't have that. Unless when they didn't let me run around all hours of the night and drink and smoke pot and they spanked me when I did wrong as a child and taught me manners and to work hards...they yeah, they were abusive!


Post a Comment