patti
I love to walk as snow falls at night - love the way it never really gets dark, the way the snow looks like it has been sprinkled with glitter. Love the soft sound the snow makes as it falls in the almost total silence.

The boy, the corgis and I have just returned from an hour's trek through the snow. It is beautiful - but the wind is fierce and there were times when we could barely see for the snow stinging our faces. The Mama wiped out once. Good thing I've been exercising a lot lately, being in reasonably good shape I didn't hurt myself. Two months ago I probably wouldn't be able to walk tomorrow after my graceful tumble - also glad it was dark and we were on a deserted dirt (ice and snow covered) road so no one saw me fall on my well padded ass - no sharing the humiliation.

Gus & Fiona with snowy faces, clumps of ice in their whiskers. They loved the hike...

Same bush I photographed earlier today, this time in the dark

Same sedum with crowns of snow. Looking more like hydrangea now.

One of my hollies...

same azalea

Our ginkgo tree

This is my favorite picture of the night - My little red dogwood. It is covered in buds so come spring I'll show you a picture all covered in blooms.


Now I shall retire to the side of the fire, a hot cup a joe, and the opening ceremonies of the Winter Olympics - I feel all wintery now.
6 Responses
  1. Omnibabe Says:

    You need Yak Trax -- http://www.scoutgear.com/shopbybrand-yaktrax.html

    You'll never fall again.


  2. patti Says:

    yup - that would take care of the problem.


  3. Anonymous Says:

    We got snow too!! The end is near.


  4. pamibe Says:

    Wow... so alien... yet so beautiful! Love the photo of the furkids dusted with snow!


  5. vw bug Says:

    Cool pics... happy valentines!


  6. Don Says:

    The Missus said they were supposed to get 6 inches in the next 24 hours. Meanwhile, I'm sitting in Alaska with a snow plow attached to my ATV watching it RAIN day after day after day...

    BTW, Gus is the cutest puppeh since my Dudley (PBUH)...as Rachl Lukis once wrote, I just wanna cuddle with him until he bites me. :-)


Post a Comment