patti
Last several posts were laden with snow pictures that end up looking all black and white. Today we are encased with ice (snow still on the ground from last Friday's snow too) so I'm feeling a bit gloomy. Leads me to start looking about for some color.

Well, you know that kid of mine who makes lovely Irish music on more instruments than you can shake a stick at? Well, she is pretty darn good with a paint brush too.

Here is an example of what she can do with a banjo case:





Cool right? She has done similar work on a guitar case and a couple concertina cases.
13 Responses
  1. pamibe Says:

    What a beautiful job! Love celtic knots and the colors are just right. :D


  2. Omnibabe Says:

    That is very cool, indeed! You daughter might enjoy the videos I took of trad sessions on my two visits to Ireland last year: http://www.youtube.com/user/OmnibusDriver

    I LOVE the music there!

    Leslie


  3. Froth Says:

    Wow. Those are pieces of major art. They're gorgeous.



  4. Bou Says:

    Holy cats! She is so talented!!!



  5. patti Says:

    Thank you everyone. I love them too :)


  6. Teresa Says:

    I meant to get back here yesterday... ran out of time! Those are gorgeous. You have a very talented daughter!!!!


  7. Teresa Says:

    BTW - on the pics - try lighting from the sides (through a sheet or thin paper) and turning off the flash. Pros use light boxes for this to diffuse light, but you can think about ways to do this with materials in your house - think of it as a winter project while you can't go outside much. LOL.

    You may need to have either a tripod or something to hold the camera still if the shutter is too slow... but that will help with the "flash glare" so you can see all the detail of the painting.


  8. patti Says:

    yeah - it is just a little point and shoot cannon sure shot - not many options but i'll try the paper thing. thanks


  9. Anonymous Says:

    She can design my next tattoo!


  10. patti Says:

    you've got a deal! well, maybe I should ask her first :)


  11. Joanie Says:

    That's majorly impressive! I'm lucky if I can hold my hand steady to paint a dot.


Post a Comment