patti
So, unknown woman calls here asking for _______ (son's first name, he goes by shortened middle name)________(first four letters of our last name). I ask whom is calling and of course she refuses to say but insists it is personal and would I please bring him to the phone. I say no he is not available, she asks if there is another number where he can be reached. I say look lady I am his mother, who are you and why do you want to talk to him. Again with the "personal" line. Look lady, he is 11 yrs old ---- silence---- I must have the wrong person (you bet your sweet ass you do lady), and I reply you are close enough to the name and you have my phone number, who are you and what do you want. Really, I've got to get caller ID. Now the question is this "telemarketer" or "bill collector" from somebody stealing the boy's ID?

Truly this lady does not want to mess with us. Not going to say just what, but believe me I have resources if I feel the need to find out who she was or more importantly who she was calling for. I've done it before and you can bet that is one young man who will never again pick a random number from the phone book to make a prank call in the wee hours of the morning. Not so funny when a US marshal hauls your ass out of class to question you about your wee hour reaching out and touching of people. No sir, don't mess with this mama.

heeheehee
3 Responses
  1. diamond dave Says:

    Nice smackdown on an obvious bill collector who doesn't have their facts straight. However it wouldn't be a bad idea to check and make sure your son's identity isn't compromised. 11 is an awful young age to be dealing with that crap.

    Also, the best thing my mom ever did for me was have me go by my middle name. Makes it easy to dodge collectors and telemarketers.


  2. patti Says:

    yup :) i do worry about the ID thing so soon as the hub gets back in town i'll get him on that.


  3. Joanie Says:

    Definitely check to make sure no ID compromise. I found out the hard way that someone in Northern California used my social back in the early 70s (I was born in 66). Better to get it all straightened out now than leaving it for the future.

    Fingers are crossed!


Post a Comment