patti
I'm no photographer, but here are some of my flowers. Note for the last 4-5 years my gardening has been limited to killing weeds so my plants are not flowering as well as they used to, but you can't tell from these pictures :) Some of these are worth embiggening.










I haven't tried roses yet, though I hope to get some heritage roses in some day. I just don't have much sun and I know roses need their sunlight. So I have peonies instead, and I love them.













I love iris too and I used to have tons of these old iris which are called flags by the old timers here in the mountains, but if you don't dig and split them every couple years they get too compacted and stop blooming - and I already told you what I've been doing so... I also used to have so many forget-me-nots they were like a blue cloud across the garden when they bloomed, not so much any more. Love me some johny-jump-ups.


These are called "Carolina Geranium" and are a wild flower that I cultivate - sort of. They are very prolific so some folks call them weeds :)




These blue ones are bell flowers.








Azalea




I have forgotten














Columbine
And the only roses I can grow - Wild rose, they smell wonderful.
Can you tell I have a preference for pink, blue, and purple flowers?





And that, more or less, is how MY garden grows.
2 Responses
  1. pamibe Says:

    Beautiful! Love the iris; wonder if they'd grow down here?


  2. dogette Says:

    Whoo man those are purty. I do heritage/antique roses. I love 'em.


Post a Comment