patti
I am in the midst of another day of parental anxiousness. D3 is in the final leg of her long awaited trip to China. Problem is, she is flying there on a Chinese airline. Arggg, like I want my kid taking part in the miracle of human flight, sitting in a chair....in the SKY, on a plane maintained by Chinese workers. Scaring the bat crap out of me right now. I know the long flight has landed safely but I can't track the shorter, 2 hour, hop from Beijing to Shanghai which should be taking off in just a few min. now. I will be ever so glad to get about 4 hours from now without any terrifying news. At least the first plane was a Boeing 747, so I know it was built here. Have no idea what the next plane is, and either way they are maintained by Chinese Air - and I sure don't trust the quality of their work!

Update: I assume they are safely at their hotel now, sleeping off a 36 hour day. The orchestra has a designated blogger so hopefully I'll be getting updates every couple days. As soon as she wakes up, anyway.

Update #2: Got an email from D3. This is the email in its entirety:
"all in china now :)
Internet cafe is huge and super cheap"
No need to waste words or anything.....
7 Responses
  1. diamond dave Says:

    Could be a lot worse. My sister and her husband adopted a little girl from Russia years ago and had to fly clear across the country (loooooong way) on a Russian airline (Aeroflot) on a Russian made plane. Now that made for some great family stories.


  2. patti Says:

    my husband's father once had to take an aeroflot flight, that one is fraught with stories as well - i believe it was a prop plane.


  3. Joanie Says:

    I'm saying a prayer that all is well and that you are able to follow the blog regularly. Does D3 have a cell phone with GPS? With a camera? You know, so she can send you photos and let you know she's okay? (Expensive, but worth the peace of mind)


  4. vw bug Says:

    Wow. I hope you hear something today. I dread when mine get older.


  5. patti Says:

    no phone for over there, but she does have a camera and access to internet cafes so i expect to hear from her at least a bit.
    once the official blogger starts posting something i'll link to that so you can watch too if you are interested.


  6. Joanie Says:

    Love her email. Hopefully there was more to it!


  7. patti Says:

    nope, that was the whole thing


Post a Comment