patti
Kieth Olbermann in rare form:

"In short, in Scott Brown we have an irresponsible, homophobic, racist, reactionary, ex-nude model, teabagging supporter of violence against woman and against politicians with whom he disagrees. In any other time in our history, this man would have been laughed off the stage as an unqualified and a disaster in the making by the most conservative of conservatives. Instead, the commonwealth of Massachusetts is close to sending this bad joke to the Senate of the United States."

Well, not so rare. It is most often the liberal/progressive who gets nasty, calls names, heap insults, then whine if you repeat their own words back to them.

He goes on to speak of the southern racists of the 60s, but as always he leaves out that the southern racists of the 60s were democrats. I've lived in the south all my life. I've visited the north many many times. I've traveled the world - watched foreign TV, read newspapers here and in foreign lands, talked with people - asked questions and listened to them talking to each other. Friends, the vast majority of racists in the south are still Democrats. There are far more racists in the North than in the South, there are more racist Democrats in the north than racist Republicans, and racism is rampant in foreign lands - the US has no corner on the racist market. I'm sick to damn death of the idea that the Southern US in the sole purveyor of racism. And I'm sick to damn death of the term racist being used to bludgeon good people into silence. Democrats are the party of keep them down racism.

I don't know that much, really almost nothing, about Scott Brown. I hope I get the opportunity to find out what he is made of. Right now he is our only hope to slow down the complete government take over of our health care system - they already have much more control than we like to think. Right now he is better than the only other alternative. But I am afraid to hope - I fully expect he will have to win by at least 5% to overcome Democrat dirty tricks.

Oh and Olbermann - If Brown wins, you have just insulted an entire state and, in his capacity as Senator from Minnesota, Al Franken is the bad joke in the Senate. Just sayin'
3 Responses
  1. pamibe Says:

    Saw that this morning and as vitriolic as Olby usually is, just could not believe he'd be that vile. What a jerk!


  2. Teresa Says:

    I can't listen to Olberman he is just such an idiot. I can't even stand him when he does football. LOL.


  3. Don Says:

    Obermood (I just like spelling that noob's name wrong) should be on Laura's STAB list. So should Stuart Smalley up there in Minn-a-sooota.

    I'm jus' sayin'.


Post a Comment