patti
Finally getting to let Rosalie spend a little time outside - except today, only her fourth day in the paddock - she decided she needed to leave the paddock, so she tried to jump out - over a four foot high gate - from a stand still. She didn't quite make it, and tangled all four legs in the tubular steel gate. We'll see over the next few days how much damage she has done to herself. Right now, it seems to be only a few nasty scrapes, but the vet says it will take about three days before we'll know if there is possible tendon damage. This horse is truly trying my patience. At least she didn't break a leg, she certainly could have. Am I supposed to sit there and watch her every minute she is outside? Worse than a baby.

D3 is now engaged. Her boyfriend of the last year and a half popped the question and gave her a ring on her birthday. Thank goodness they don't plan to actually get married until they have completed their degrees - and I say until he has a job.

Tomorrow the hub, the boy and I will drive a couple hours to visit D3 and watch her play her cello for an opera production. Happy to hear her play, but two hours of opera - not my kettle of tea. I think we'll then get to watch her steel pan band rehearse, which I truly do look forward to.

One more week to prepare for end of year tests with the boy - then we get back to our regularly scheduled studies. He and I have spent most of the year studying physical sciences - the test is heavy on biology. Our main focus in history is US history - the test is all world history, no US at all. Can't accuse me of teaching to the test...

Mowed the lawn for the first time this year. Not much to say about that, except it is always a good thing when the lawn mower cranks after the winter off.

I guess that pretty much covers the mundane. You know, mundane is fine with me.
7 Responses
  1. Laura Says:

    Poor Rosalie.

    Tell D3 congrats from me!

    I still haven't found a yard service. You are more than welcome to come mow my yard. I will make lemonade. I mean, I can buy you a lemonade.


  2. patti Says:

    haha, will you buy my gas to get there? I'll bring Gus and Fiona and they can play with Jack while I work and sip lemonade.
    How in the world, in this economy do you not find willing lawn help? I just can't afford it.


  3. pamibe Says:

    Congratulations to D3 and her intended! :D

    Hearing about Rose just about stopped my heart... saw a horse get tangled in barbed wire once; had to cut it out of her chest... hope poor Rose recovers fully from her incident!


  4. patti Says:

    Try driving ten minutes to get to her when you know she has tangled in the gate but there are only a couple teens at the barn and information is garbled and meager... They said she had a hugely swollen knee. Her knee was not swollen at all.
    As of today - 48 hours after her attempt at Olympic track and field - she is still sound with very very little swelling. Vet says if she is sound, and obviously losing her mind - to start riding her harder and try to get her more tired.
    Stupid horse.


  5. Unknown Says:

    Speaking of Steel Drum check out the best in the world - up and comer Freddy Harris III - www.youtube.com/freddyharris3


  6. Teresa Says:

    *sigh* poor you and don't you want to just shake Rosalie... OMG just like a toddler. I'm glad she seems to be doing okay though - whew!

    Congrats to D3! May they not rush and may they be very happy together. ;-)


  7. Don Says:

    Congrats to D3!

    Personally, I don't know how I'm going to handle the whole "dating" thing when my daughter gets old enough...of course, that will be when she's about 30. I've got time.

    Wow, that Rosie's not quite right, is she? I thought my BIL's horse with the eating disorder was strange... :-)


Post a Comment