patti
We are nearing the end of our tour now, after today only one more room to go.
Mrs Froth kindly referred to our take on Christmas decorating as lush. I like that. I'll be using lush to describe it all from now on :) Thanks Froth!

So now, the dining room...

A close up of the chandelier...

The china cabinet in all its cluttered - I mean lush - splendor...

One end of the top of the china cabinet...

My deer collection gathered as a center piece...

There are a pair of windows on one side of the room, this is one - the other of course is nearly duplicated. I did all the window treatments in our home myself, back when I could still sit at the sewing machine for hours at a time.

This little chest is used to store gift bags - the ubiquitous ceramic tree was a gift from the hub's elderly aunt. She was a hoot and is missed.

This secretary is in the opposite corner from the small chest...

One nativity - a gift

and my Jim Shore nativity (also a gift). Generally for a couple years I'll choose something to collect, thus providing my family ideas for gifts - that is how I have ended up with at least 18 nativities of various sizes and styles, several hand made by the giver. As with most people, I love a hand made gift and the love it represents...

And tomorrow the final room...
4 Responses
  1. Don Says:

    Another very familiar piece...the ceramic tree. My mom has probably made dozens of those over the years, and you'd be amazed at the weird colors people want them painted. She made us a cute one years ago that has mice climbing all over it and hanging decorations. The munchkins love it.


  2. patti Says:

    I like the sounds of the mouse tree :)


  3. pamibe Says:

    LUSH is a great way to describe your decorating! It is that... and much more! Makes me tear up...
    TMI, eh?

    Awesome, Patti! Anyone who says different is jealous. ;)


  4. Froth Says:

    I want to bite into everything. Yum. I LOVEITLOVEITLOVEIT! Like the cabana lady.


Post a Comment