patti
Not really, where would I put one? But it is one of my favorite Christmas songs :)

Here we are, the final stage of our Christmas tour. We finish with the "formal" room of our home. This room is simply impossible to get in a picture - the dimensions of the room and locations of doorways just do not lend themselves to a good shot.
The doilies on the backs of the chairs and couch were crocheted by my husband's grandmother.


Our giant living room tree is difficult to photograph well, can't get far enough back to take in the whole tree and from almost any spot the ceiling fan gets in the way. But here is my best attempt.


This tree is a little less packed than the family room tree and the feeling is a bit more formal - but not to the point of looking like some designer tree or anything. On this tree we use much of my rocking horse collection, blown glass figures, some glass balls that I have decorated with glitter, small dolls we brought back from Thailand, and small dolls we brought back from Russia. We have a friend who crochets us one or two snowflakes per year, one can be seen here. I have scattered a bunch of red birds hand decorated with glitter (by yours truly) and hundreds of paper stars folded by every member of my family. Finally we have several hundred "beadsicles" as we call them, made by the kids and me.


This little table sits behind the couch. My sister gave me the set of Santa and Mrs Claus paper dolls some time ago and I arranged them in the frames - they were just too great not to display. Just to the left you can glimpse one of my hand made nativities and to the right much of my camel collection.


Antique sewing machine was a gift from the hub, years ago now.


The bulk of my Santa collection sits atop the piano. The trophies on top and medals hanging to the right are a sampling of D3s music competition wins - the medals to the left are from the boy's bible drill competitions.


This nativity is made of olive wood and was built in Bethlehem.


The majority of my hand made Santas look like this guy (I was only able to get D3 to make heads for me one year). This one is dressed in a sleeper worn by my girls when they were babies.


This Santa I dressed by adapting a Christmas dress that I made D3 when she was two (D2 had one the same year, she was 4 and you'd just melt if you saw them dressed in these dresses - little angels:)


Here Santa is dressed in pants made from one of D2's outfits from when she was small, his vest from one of her dresses, and his coat from her "blanket coat" all items I had made her - it is trimmed in that white mink I told you about before. Until the girls were about 7 or 8 I made almost everything they wore.


Santa's coat is made from the old rabbit fur coat my sister gave me.


and this final Santa - one of my favorites...


I hope you have enjoyed the tour, thanks so much for coming by - and seriously thank you for all the kind comments. Now you know my biggest secret - I'm a bit of a Christmas nut. I guess there are worse things I could go nutty over. If these pictures have warmed you a bit, inspired you to glitz things up a little, or helped put you in the spirit of the season I am honored. Merry Christmas my friends, go in peace and safety - love and joy. Better watch out, better not shout - you know who is watching...
9 Responses
  1. Don Says:

    Christmas is one of the best things in the world to "go nutty" over!

    Thank you for the lovely tour; I can't wait to see my own tree tomorrow :-).


  2. p Says:

    safe travels, did you stuff a carribou in your bag to take to the little lady? cause everybody needs a reindeer for christmas :)


  3. pamibe Says:

    Felt like I was really there; thanks so much! Merry Christmas! {{Hug}}


  4. diamond dave Says:

    The decorations were pretty, but the house was the real highlight. Particularly some of those views out your windows.


  5. vw bug Says:

    geeze, now i'm going to have to post more pictures of my house. Not nearly as nice but definitely gives me the christmas spirit seeing it.



  6. Teresa Says:

    Very nice. I'm laughing because I finally managed to get our little 3 ft tall fiber optic tree put up in the living room today... then had to get back to work.

    I think I need a wife to do all this stuff. I have one more goal - to do Christmas cards this weekend. We'll see... *grin*


  7. Joanie Says:

    I love your home! So warm and Christmas-y!

    That sewing machine, btw, reminds me of home. (I'll only cry a little...I get to go there next week, right?)


  8. Laura Says:

    I have never seen so many Christmas decorations in a home before in my life. It must take you forever!
    I just put my Charlie Brown tree up and I had to take a nap. lol


Post a Comment