patti
This is pretty much the extent of my gardening this year. I just don't have the desire to grub in the dirt to do much more than water a few pots.


Most of my plants don't bloom much anymore. They need food, and probably more light than they get - and many need dividing. But I'm lazy, so I only get a handful of blooms here and there. However if you take close up photos of a few here and there you can give the illusion of a yard full of blooms, right?
I don't know what these are, and frankly I don't even remember planting - as far as I know they just showed up three or four years ago. I like them though, they look like bell skirts - like they should have tiny fairy ladies swinging gaily at their tops...


These are a relative of lamb's ear- they have soft, fuzzy, gray green leaves like lamb's ear - but unlike lamb's ear the flowers are actually pretty. I've been told these are rose campion. Don't know if that is so, but I love their color. Another feature they share with lamb's ear is that they spread like no body's business...




These are balloon flowers - named for the obvious right before they burst open...




And a selection of my day lily varieties...






That is all, it is hot and this southern belle must retire under the ceiling fan with a glass of iced tea.
5 Responses
  1. pamibe Says:

    Bee-yoo-ti-ful!!!

    Never seen the balloon flowers before; how neat!!


  2. Teresa Says:

    Oh you have lots of pretty flowers. I'm with ya on the no mucking in the dirt thing... I used to think I'd like a garden - now that I have one I think not so much. LOL.


  3. Froth Says:

    Those balloon flowers are way cool.


  4. vw bug Says:

    gorgeous! Some reason you got lost off of my rss reader... put you back AGAIN. Thanks for keeping in touch with me!


  5. patti Says:

    welcome back :)


Post a Comment