patti
"Ya know, the Easter Bunny is a bit of a creeper - at least you know how Santa gets in the house..."


I'm tired - to the bone, raggedy tired. I've been busting my late 40ish butt trying to shed some fat, hard to do at my age. Cut calories, changed my whole outlook as far as food is concerned - walking hard and fast on the treadmill 45 min every morning, with weights on both ankles and wrists - then another alternating workout every evening, an hour each night but a different workout each night. Some nights resistance, some core, some yoga, some stretching, even some "Kenpo Karate".

I've been taking care of the horse twice a day - cleaning her stall, feeding her special gourmet diet, wrapping and unwrapping her legs on an alternating schedule, riding her twice a day and hand grazing her both trips each day...trying to get her to the point that we can start turning her out and just letting her be a horse again (almost there I think!).

I've been supervising the boy's test prep and this week administering his year end tests (though he will not actually be done with the school year for a few more weeks). And then all the normal home maker mom kind of things that must be done. Plus last week did the four hour drive to bring D3 home, did laundry for college girls X2, and yesterday the four hour drive to return D3.

As though that were not enough I'm doing all the things that need to be done when one is going to be away from home for a couple weeks - getting the lawn in shape - getting the cars inspected, oil changed, etc. - buying new clothes for a growing, almost 13 year old boy, collecting all the outgrown items (almost everything he owns) and taking them to goodwill, getting appointments for bug guys, alarm system guys, AC guys, dental appointments set - you know, all the stuff that piles up when you are all busy with life in general.

Last night I could not sleep - lay in bed aching from the bottoms of my feet to my shoulders, thank goodness I didn't have a headache.

I'm tired --- deep down, to the bone, tired. I think all this means I'm alive and living in the greatest country on the planet. At least for now it still is...
4 Responses
  1. Teresa Says:

    A leetle bit busy are you... LOL.

    Washing clothes, like making lunch to take to school was something my kids were taught to do for themselves from a very very early age. As soon as they started complaining about not having certain clothes clean at certain times... I introduced them to the washer and dryer, instructed them in the use of such and that was that. Of course if they waited for me to do it - there would be no clean clothes. I'm notorious for throwing a load in the washer and forgetting it's there. For years my husband did the laundry. ;-)


  2. patti Says:

    I will say - D3 generally does her own laundry at school as the mat is directly across from her apartment - but she did bring one load here with her. D2 on the other hand only does hand wash at school, everything else comes home when she does...
    I really don't mind doing it for them.


  3. pamibe Says:

    Honey, you need a vacation more than anyone else I can think of...! Thank goodness there's one right around the corner... ;)


  4. patti Says:

    no kidding - and thanks, if I can just hold on a little longer...


Post a Comment