patti
But turns out my mind and body can not get back in sync with Eastern Standard Time. I wake up at 3 am every morning, starving. Then by noon my brain is in a fog. Last night I was out of it by 6 pm, barely coherent enough to tell the hub there was chicken in the fridge and he could cut his own salad. Fell asleep on the couch and stayed there.

And of course there is the Thanksgiving craziness to tend to. We spend Thanksgiving day with my eldest in her home, 4 hours from here, then the two college girls come home with us on Friday morning and we get the Christmas trees up and decorated before they head back to school Sunday. Everything is topsy turvey and I can't sleep when I should and move in a fog when I shouldn't. Maybe, just maybe, next week I can start sharing the great adventure with you.

In the mean time I am trying to catch up on the last few weeks worth of posts on all you peeps of mine. At least I've nearly gotten that job accomplished.
5 Responses
  1. Teresa Says:

    Jetlag - everyone has various "cures" for it... I'm trying to remember one I was reading just a couple of months ago... must google it and look for the url because it may be worth trying with all the holiday fun and games coming up.


  2. Don Says:

    I remember reading somewhere that it takes at least one day per time zone to recover from long-distance travel. Personally, I've always found it harder to travel eastbound (lose time) than westbound. Don't worry, you'll be back to normal in a few days.

    Welcome back!


  3. pamibe Says:

    ...just glad you're back! :)


  4. diamond dave Says:

    Yeah, jetlag's a real bitch. Especially around the holidays.

    But glad to hear you're back.


  5. p Says:

    Thank you every one. Here it is, 4 am wed morning and yup, I've been awake for an hour. This is sort of cool in that I am getting house work accomplished before the sun comes up. It is bad in that I'm brain dead by noon. Maybe these next 5 crazy days will get my clock straight. Kids are not going to let me crash for a couple hours mid afternoon.


Post a Comment