patti
I've just discovered that Gus is bilingual!

See it's like this, any time I say "what is it" both Gus and Fiona start barking and running between the windowed back door and the window in the family room. Bark, look at mom, bark, look at mom... same reaction if I say "Squirrel!"

So just now Gus was making his usual "I want something" vocalisations... being a corgi, he has all sorts of vocalisations, not just barking.

I looked at him and asked "Qu'est-ce que c'est?"

He started barking as though I had asked in English... but not Fiona, she is not bilingual.



Funny, n'est pas?
9 Responses
  1. Don Says:

    Quite!

    BTW...I can't get any of the pictures on your page to load. Don't know if it's just my Mac acting up, but that would be almost unheard of ;-)


  2. Don Says:

    Update: Now they work. Operator error...

    *smacks self in forehead*


  3. pamibe Says:

    Good boy, Gus! Mine know what time it is, too. ;)

    Little Herbie is sooo cute...! Bree does a lot of that talking; even the yawn talk.


  4. p Says:

    Gus is an advanced whiner - big time, doctorate I think :)


  5. S1 Says:

    Is a masters higher?


  6. diamond dave Says:

    Nothing like having a multilingual dog in the house.


  7. Mrs. Who Says:

    My dogs only know "Feed me."


  8. Laura Says:

    Adorable. The elephant noise was my favorite.


  9. p Says:

    Gus makes the elephant noise. Fiona does not. He is much more vocal than she.


Post a Comment