patti
Yeah, and I'm exhausted, maybe a little brain numb too.

It was a very busy ten day trip - worked from 7 am until 7-8- or even 9 pm every day except one.

That one day was Sat, September 12 - on that day my eldest, youngest, and I all got up a little after 4 am and hit the road by 5 am. We drove to the Franconia Station in Springfield VA, where we spent nearly an hour in a crammed full, huge room waiting our turn to buy tickets for the train into DC. My husband had said the week before that unless enough people gathered in DC to overwhelm the system, no one would pay any attention to us. When we walked toward the station and saw that the crowd swelled out the door just trying to buy tickets I knew we had a very good chance of indeed overwhelming the system. Metro workers were saying they'd never seen anything like the crowd and a couple locals I spoke to said the lines had been like that since about 8-8:30 am (we arrived a little after 10am) The train we rode in on was packed to the gills (did you know trains have gills?)

The crowd was simply amazing. I hate crowds, but this one time I found it exciting and exhilarating. The two most noticeable things to me (aside from the sheer magnitude of the crowd) was how clean things stayed - all day - and how happy and excited everyone seemed to be. For an angry mob there sure were a lot of smiles and laughter. It is my belief that people were delighted to see so many others who were of like mind and cared enough to do what it took to get to DC on that one day. I was proud to be a part.

How many were there? I really couldn't say, but I'll tell you this - the area we ended up in was packed and I've not seen that area on any of the pictures shown on TV. Police tried to keep people out of some areas, but the volume of humanity made their attempts moot. We spilled into many areas we were not supposed to be. And the idea that there were maybe a hundred thousand is ludicrous. It was also nearly impossible to make a cell phone call. The lines were jammed full.

Here are a few pictures from the day. I didn't have a sign, I'm not nearly so clever as many of those who did have them, but I did very proudly wear my Vive la Reagan Revolution T-shirt (red - black graphics, you get the idea :)...







The lady with the flag in front of the police car was giving this poor cop down the road. The cop was yelling at the crowd as we streamed up from the metro station that we needed to hurry because he was going to reopen the road. The woman was telling him there was no way she was going to let him open the road back up as there were still thousands of people arriving and it would be Tiananmen Square in DC if he tried to stop us. She was a hoot. The cop gave in.





The bikers are for you Dogette, thought of you as soon as I saw them. They were awsome folks too.







Notice the Joe Wilson 2012 sign. Joe was a big hero of the day, along with Glenn of course. If Joe got $5 from everyone who either carried a "You Lie" sign, or a "I Stand With Joe" sign or home made T-shirt - his coffers would be in very good shape right now. Also notice how clean the street is, we were more toward the end of the march and toward the beginning - just sayin.

Embiggen the Obama/telepromter sign - it's worth it (heehee)


Can I hear a hearty AMEN!



My two very favorite signs - both these folks had a steady stream of people trying to get pictures of their signs. The seven dorks are worth embiggening to read the names, heeheehee.


Don't step in Congress....




If you enlarge these photos and look at the faces you will see us all, we the people - just the folks. These are the people who make this country work. I'm not sure how Pelosi and her ilk get away with calling these folks an angry mob- potential domestic terrorists... honestly I don't understand them


Wish I'd gotten a picture of the 80ish year old woman with the WTF sign, I loved her!








And finally, as we were walking out, someone had strategically posititoned their sign...



It is good to be home, missed you guys - no computer for me to play with while away, no time or energy even if I'd had one.
7 Responses
  1. pamibe Says:

    Glad you're back!! I love the signs, especially George Washington and obama and the seven dorks...! LOL!

    Like you said, everyone looks really happy to be there... where was the angry mob? ;)


  2. patti Says:

    I looked, couldn't find them anywhere...
    But they were certainly earnest in their message, wouldn't ignore them - wouldn't be prudent...


  3. Mrs. Who Says:

    Great pictures...and how wonderful to be a part of peaceful history. THAT'S what our founders intended.


  4. patti Says:

    Yeah, but us protesters are frightening, I mean I saw stuff like this in the 70s and it was... so frightening - people walking in the streets, carrying...signs?! and calling their representatives?! and going to town hall meetings to ask questions?! scary scary days.


  5. Hapkido Says:

    Bravo to you for making the trip! You're a true American in every sense of the word!

    Peaceful protest is what it's all about. 1/2 the time, I think those loons in DC want open revolt so they have an excuse to tear it all down & scrap the Constitution for something else. Hell if I'm going to give them the satisfaction.

    Traditional Americans know we have the right to peaceably assemble. Last I checked, it was the career protesters (predomintaely leftists) who torched cars (ELF) & smashed up military recruiting centers (I'm sure more than one group).

    Anyone who attended that event & represented the best of what is America has the right to be darn proud of it!


  6. p Says:

    and it was fun too!


  7. Joanie Says:

    Beautiful!

    I'm so proud of you!


Post a Comment