patti
To keep up with my girls, that is why I facebook.  They say I am a creeper, but I don't creep - I let them know I am there.  Plus if they put it on the internet to share then they have no room to gripe.

So what did I learn about my girls on facebook today?  I learned that one of them was nearly hit by a driver that chose to throw his SUV into reverse and start backing without checking to see if anyone - say my 100 pound when soaking wet daughter - was behind him.  And what happened?  Well, her buddy with whom she was walking grabbed said daughter and launched both of them backward onto the ground - there by saving my daughter from certain serious injury if not death.  And what did daughter do?  Once she was safely on the ground she gave the SUV a good hard kick to let the idiot know he'd nearly hit someone.

Now, if any of us discovered we'd just nearly backed over someone we would have gotten out of the car, rushed to see if they were ok - and apologized profusely, right? What did this guy do?  The idiot got all up in my kid's face and started yelling at her for kicking his car.  Most bullies expect tiny young girls to back off and be frightened when confronted with yelling men.  Did my kid back down?  Hell no - she just got further up in his face and yelled right back.

Her friend of course was struck speechless when the guy started yelling - but not my kid.  This kid fought cancer and won   - ain't no bully stands a chance against her.  Her friend said thank goodness D3 is never at a loss for words.

Heh - giggle - oh my god someone nearly killed my kid - thank god she is one tough knot - giggle - whew.
8 Responses
  1. wRitErsbLock Says:

    glad she's ok
    glad she didn't get hurt when she got in that guy's face.


  2. p Says:

    I told her one of these days somebody is going to punch her for that. There is no getting her to back down to anybody though.


  3. pamibe Says:

    That sort of takes the air out of ones lungs, doesn't it? Whew...

    Thank God she's alright!


  4. Teresa Says:

    My daughter is like that. Good for D3 for standing her ground even if it makes us moms a bit frantic sometimes.


  5. Don Says:

    If your daughter is going to confront hotheads like this guy, she should know how to use, and carry, a firearm for self-defense purposes. This situation could have had a very ugly ending.


  6. p Says:

    My shooting instructor has given me a "kubotan" and promises to teach me how to use it, I'm going to have him teach both my younger two how to use it as well - that should help. She wants to go shoot with me but she's never home long enough.


  7. Mrs. Who Says:

    Crap...how to be proud and frightened all at the same time!


  8. Joanie Says:

    Saying a prayer that each of your babies is safe.


Post a Comment