patti
You will find me doing just that in Washington come Saturday morning.  Somewhere between the feet of Abraham and the back of the crowd I will be - ready to party down with my good friends Glenn, Sarah, Lt Dan, Marcus, Ted, and who knows who else - we'll all listen to Dr. Alveda King (niece of MLK) as she speaks about the high jacking of the dream.  No sign or placard will I brandish, only my Vive la Reagan Revolution t-shirt and the boy in his old navy flag t-shirt.

  I am sure, just as was the case last Sept. 11th, the crowds will be massively underestimated - but the boy and I will be there to bare witness to the reality of the crowd, the reality of the behavior of the crowd, and the reality of what is said.  This part of history, just like last year's little piece of history, will be something that we take part in.

We leave Thurs to drive up - we'll be staying with a babysitter of mine - as in baby sat me when I was little.  Haven't seen her since I started shaving my legs... But she's offered her home and it beats trying to find and pay for a room on what I expect will be a weekend of jacked up rates and the closest room available somewhere near the NC - VA line.

Friday the boy and I will take the train into the city and visit the Newseum.  Looking forward to that as well.  We can stay all day if we want, or if we've seen all we are interested in and still have hours I'll take him over to the International Spy museum.  He's a boy, he'll love that one.

Then Sat. we'll be at the metro station at least an hour before it opens, if this year is anything like last year the stations will be packed and we won't be able to even get through the doors for an hour or more after they open.  Then we'll wedge into the first train we can get on and make our way into town.  From there the packed mass will make their way to the space between the Lincoln and Washington monuments and we'll party like conservatives - which means mannerly - as we stand for the restoration of honor in our society, collectively yes, but primarily individually.

Shall we cheer a little louder for any of you?  I'll be meeting up with DW if we are able to find each other in the mass, if not before, perhaps after?  Looking forward to meeting him as well.
9 Responses
  1. pam Says:

    Good for you and the boy!

    Scream a bit for me if the mood strikes... the text is up to you. ;)


  2. Don Says:

    Looking forward to it!


  3. vwbug Says:

    That is awesome. Yell for me too!



  4. Teresa Says:

    Wow! Have a terrific time. Wish I was going to be there.


  5. p Says:

    wish you were too...


  6. Mrs. Who Says:

    Woot! What a wonderful experience for you and your son. Yep, yell for me too!


  7. Anonymous Says:

    I went to the Eagles Up gathering when all the dipwads were threatening to defame and degrade the Vietnam Memorial. It was monumental that the Memorial was so well protected, as well as other Memorials around the area.

    Was truly hilarious to watch all the dipwads, informed and not, move to the back of the line so it looked like they had more supporters. They hoped off the train/trams and got right back on to show "THE POWER"!! eleventy!! When they walked to the Capitol and no one was there. Then it was proven / shown they were out numbered 4 to 1.

    Hubby and I are going. And he will have his "Viva la Regan Revolution" t on. I will have my "The Constitution IS my Bible" t on. If you see us, come on up and say hey! We will be carrying "Don't Tread On Me" flags. I look like an old hippie, and he looks like an older ol' hippie.........LOL.

    I've seen a pic of you once....so I'll be on the lookout for you as well.

    Y'all have a great time! I KNOW we will!

    jw


  8. p Says:

    I'm so glad you'll be there!


Post a Comment