patti
These are the tiles we purchased.


And this is the little statue - wood carving - that we purchased.


I would love to have bought more items, there were certainly more I was interested in, but being the first stop we had a limited amount of American dollars (we did end up spending all of it by the end of the trip). Obviously in Haiti, craftsmen are not set up to take VISA. In fact, on the whole trip we only had the opportunity to use the card once. Of course, if I were the type to buy designer bags, emeralds, and other "duty free" type items I could have used the card plenty. But those are not the things I'm looking for when traveling. Or quite frankly any other time...
2 Responses
  1. pamibe Says:

    Love the carving! Reminds me of a different sort of totem... like the Hope kachinas.


  2. Don Says:

    Wow, I'm off the blogosphere for a few days and come back to find that you've been globetrotting :-).

    Looks like a good time was had by all. I've always wanted to see the Panama Canal zone; I used to be stationed with a bunch of guys who spent time there and spoke highly of the country and its people.


Post a Comment