patti
My D1 is getting ready to open an Etsy store. She has begun sewing and wants to sell some of the things she enjoys making. Basically she likes playing with fabric more than she can afford and make more tote bags than she needs so she's hoping to sell a few in order to feed her creative muse's budgetary needs.

D1 has asked D2 to make some jewelry to add to the store in order to beef up her offerings early on. D2 is pretty darned good at jewelry creation (she made the vast majority of my collection) so she has made a few pieces. Problem with this jewelry idea is, of course, the cost of materials. For whatever reason, the cost of beading supplies has sky rocketed - like so many other things these days - so I don't know how successful sales will be (there is certainly no shortage of people selling hand made jewelry on Etsy)

Here are her offerings - not selling here, just sharing her work to see what you guys think of it. Oh, and remember - I am no photographer...

This first one is actually my mother's day gift :)










5 Responses
  1. Suzette Says:

    Where are the tote bags?


  2. patti Says:

    D1 lives about four hours from here, I don't have access to her loot to photograph :) D2 is home at the moment, though she will be in and out a lot this summer.
    I don't know if D1 has made things to sell yet either - right now she is all tied up in setting up the Etsy account, deciding a name for her store, you know - the thinking part. It takes longer to make the bags than it does to make some jewelry too.
    I have one of her bags myself though, and I think D2 has a couple so I'll try to find those to show you guys.
    Once she actually has the store up and running, with products and everything, I'll let you all know.


  3. pamibe Says:

    Beautiful!!

    Thanks in advance for posting her etsy link; love etsy!


  4. Teresa Says:

    LOL - lovely - you have ambitious girls! I especially like the earrings. Then again I've never been much of a necklace person so I think that's why. I may have to change my mind on that. ;-)


  5. Joanie Says:

    Love love love the second necklace!


Post a Comment