patti
So, the head of the TSA is offering to give senators a pat down.

I have a few thoughts on that.  One) we know from the articles we've been reading and video we've seen and/or heard that individual  TSA agents handle these pat downs in different ways.  Two) who among us believes for one minute that whatever this guy would subject senators to would be the same as what the rest of us will be subjected to?  Really?  How likely is it that dear Senator Claire McCaskill, who likens the pat downs to "love pats"  will get the same treatment as, say the woman from Amarillo who, in 2008, had her top pulled down by TSA agents in front of other passengers and who then laughed and joked about her for an extended period. Of course we are also treated to Emmett Tyrrell who wonders  " How many ... Americans would welcome a soothing pat-down midst the hurly-burly of travel at our nation's stress-filled airports I do not know, but count me in -- especially if the patter-downer is a cute little number on the order of, say, Sarah Palin." --- Um, Tyrerell?  Only those who have been so mind numbed that they allow the government to lead them through life as though they were in a trance..." whatever you say Obama, lead us." - NOT! And while we are reading what Mr Tyrrell has to say, once again we are treated to a lefty for whom it is fine to refer to a woman as a "cute little number", no not sexist at all - not a misogynist he, oh no - he "cares" about people, he is a liberal.

I also understand that the TSA is angry with coverage on these incidents and claims that their screeners are "professionals" who behave in a professional manner.  Well, I've traveled a good bit and been through many a security screening (though not through a nekked scanner or one of these "love pat", get in your pants, feel you up, sexual assault screenings - yet) and I can tell you the percentage of screeners whom I would consider competent and professional in their manner is frighteningly small.  More like thugs who love to throw their "power" around and treat the traveling public like garbage just because, for the first time in their lives, they can.  Let's not forget these TSA screeners are now government employees...

We also know that common sense and discretion is in very short supply when it comes to the TSA and their security policies.

In the "TSA offers to share a little love with senators" link up there ( first paragraph) - John Pistole says we don't know what new way terrorists might try to strike so they have to change up their methods of screening (always, of course, after the cow is out of the barn).  I'm wondering this, we know that drug smugglers have been known to hide drugs in their...well, nether regions.  If terrorists decide to try that route are we all going to be subjected to...um....probes from that point on?  And again I say - when was the last time El Al had a problem with terrorism?  Wouldn't we expect them to be target number one?  And do they use nekked machines or love pats on grandmas, 3 year olds or every tenth passenger (unless of course that tenth passenger happens to be named Mukhtar, in which case they would of course skip to the next person - right? can't be profiling...noooo)?  Heck no they don't use our methods of screening.  Wouldn't the smart thing be to maybe see how our ALLY solves the problem?  Maybe they are onto something? Maybe?...

I still want to know why our government decided to go the nekked screening machine route instead of the puff of air explosive detection route.  I've been through those machines, they are not intrusive and I understand they work pretty well - though sometimes overly sensitive.   OK, I'd rather get a pat down after one of those went off than go through the nekked machine.... Just sayin.

I don't plan to go meekly along with this bull crap.  We are being treated to undue search, molestation, exploitation, and a major dose of overbearing government here.  We do indeed, as Americans, have a RIGHT to travel.  It has always been our RIGHT to move about freely.  Don't tell me it isn't a right, it is certainly more a right than say a RIGHT to have to broadband for goodness sakes.  And with that right to move about freely - how else does the TSA suggest we get to Europe should we desire to head over the pond?  Don't tell me on a ship - they have security screenings for ships too.  You folks do know that the TSA wants to be able to do these same screenings for people traveling on buses, trains, and subways too right?  There comes a time when we have to stand, we are in those days.

 Sure hope you don't hear about me on national news next time I fly...

Update--- You should read this!  A cancer surviving flight attendant was forced to remove and show her breast prosthesis!  Dear lord, we must get hold of this insanity!
5 Responses
  1. LeeAnn Says:

    I personally would not touch a senator with someone else's ten foot TSA pole. Icky.


  2. p Says:

    You and me both honey!


  3. pamibe Says:

    This is just one of those subjects that blows the roof off my noggin. Last time I flew was four years ago and times have changed drastically... now? If they started doing some of the things to me that I've seen they've done to others... I could conceivably freak out a bit. You wouldn't be alone on the news...

    Hubby has told me so many horror stories... I can't believe they get away with all they do... but it's in the name of 'safety'.

    Let's follow Israel's lead and profile!


  4. p Says:

    A- freaken - men sister.


  5. Froth Says:

    I posted on my blog about what I might or might not do. Because I have the "chicken cutlet" in my underwears and surgical clips in my body from breast cancer.I'm not sure how I will react when we fly to Florida in Dec. Maybe I won't have to deal with it. If I do, I'm ready. Who knows. It's all stupid.


Post a Comment