patti
Next batch of project pictures - getting bored with this yet?  Remember, these projects were done mostly in May early June though I am now, for the last few weeks, on to round two of projects.  Of what I've shown so far, the wreck room is from the resent set of projects and all the rest are from the earlier set.

Our 17 year old microwave finally died, necessitating the purchase of a new one.  Of course now they don't build microwaves the same size or shape as  when this kitchen was built accommodating the old built-in so, naturally, the new ones wouldn't fit the hole.... I built this shelf in the hole from the old unit and faced it with trim.- it almost looks like it was meant to be this way. The only other thing I did in the kitchen was to repaint. A picture of the new wall color would not only be boring but would look different on everyone's monitor so no need to photograph that.


Moving on to the laundry room -  Found this rug so catch crap from feet coming in through the garage -

needed something to protect the finish on this new floor I put in - All By My Self!  A little proud of this job.  Nothing fancy, just self stick tiles but I had to use embossing leveler before I could lay the tiles to keep the old pattern from bleeding through and then I had to keep everything straight and true through the process.  Did a fair job if I do say so myself.


This is the new hall rug - got tired of the dogs moving the old worn out rug all over the place as they chased tennis balls up and down the hall.  This rug is heavy enough to stay in place.
 Rug mover...

There was a little interest in the trip art so here are a few more items - the top is a tempera painting done by a little old farmer in China, the middle piece is embroidered linen from Poland, and the bottom piece is hand cut and painted from water buffalo hide (Thailand)

 This is tempera on hand-made paper from Mexico

And finally this apron (mounted in a poster frame) which is from Tibet (the hub and D2 went on that trip, not me)  Striped aprons like this signify a married woman in Tibet, single girls/women wear solid colored aprons.

4 Responses
  1. pamibe Says:

    You put that floor down by yourself?? I'm so jealous!

    And those wood floors...! I so love those...

    Also adore the trip art; it's like bringing the world into your home.


  2. Teresa Says:

    Rug mover... ROFLMAO

    You are so ambitious. Part of my problem has always been that once things are put down and in place - I don't want to be bothered moving them again or redoing anything LOL. It all looks terrific!


  3. p Says:

    ah but there comes a time - we've been in this house almost 18 years (Nov) and it is time.
    plus life is changing with only one kid left in the house and he a teen -
    and there are those german cousins coming to visit, the ones who wonder if us hill billies gots us any of that new fangled in door pumbing...


  4. vwbug Says:

    That looks great and I love the stuff from all over the world. What a great way to display it.


Post a Comment